What Is Electrostatic Disinfection?
ES-spray surface cleaning is the process of spraying an electrostatically charged mist onto surfaces and objects. ES-spraying uses a specialized solution, approved by the CDC and EPA to kill harmful pathogens like corona viruses, once the spray is applied, the sanitizing agent works to disinfect the surface and dries within minutes, leaving no residue.
What Are the Benefits of Electrostatic Spray Disinfection Over Other Methods?
Because ES technology uses positively charged particles to adhere to surfaces, it provides many benefits over traditional sprays and foggers:
- Envelops hard-to-reach areas with charged particles to create 360° coverage, thus providing more thorough coverage than other methods
- Reduces the time it takes to cover and disinfect all surfaces and hard-to-reach places by 50% compared to conventional methods
- Improves infection control and the spread of viruses such as novel coronavirus
- Applies disinfectant in a more efficient, controlled manner, eliminating the dangers of overuse
- Prevents costly financial burdens associated with contagious healthcare infections
Is Electrostatic Disinfection Safe?
The fine mist disinfectant kills viruses in under 2 minutes. Best of all, no wiping is required with electrostatic spraying, as with other procedures, and it is safe for all surfaces including electronic equipment. The EPA and CDC approved disinfectant is the same product used in medical facilities.
Is Electrostatic Disinfection Environmentally Friendly?
Yes, the fine mist creates zero run-off, and no need to keep rinsing rags that have been in contact with disinfection solution to help protect our water supplies. Electrostatic disinfection technology is also considered an eco-friendly method because it sprays up to 65% less chemicals per square foot. The disinfectant is EPA approved.
How Do You Prepare for Electrostatic Disinfection?
Businesses receiving electrostatic disinfection services can prepare their space for cleaning by storing items that do not need to be sprayed, such as loose papers and articles of clothing. Having these items out in an area can impede a cleaning team’s ability to apply cleaning solutions quickly and easily, just as with other cleaning services.
- Turn off computers and printers.
- Remove all cell phones, iPads, and tablets from open areas/place in drawer or cupboard.
- Remove or secure all paperwork and folders from desktops, as the pressure from spraying can shuffle.
- Remove and store clothing and other desired items from surfaces.
- Cover any items you do not want to get misted with sanitizing solution with a tarp or blanket
- Store all food, open containers, dishware, and cutlery in a safe space away from surfaces being sprayed. Any coffee cups, cutlery, or food containers will need to be washed before using if left out.
- Ensure floors are free of unnecessary items, to ensure the safety of our technicians.
How Soon Can You Return to Work?
You may return to your facility within one hour.
Ready to discuss cleaning and disinfecting your facility? Contact us today!
Brothers Commercial Cleaning & Janitorial Services
Springfield, OR 97477